The story behind Ian’s black Bracelet

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Many of you have wondered about the black bracelet Ian wears.

During the filming of LOST, Ian would wear black elastic bands around his wrist so that he could have them on hand to hold back his hair.   A group of his loyal fans who run his fan sites, started calling themselves his “band of followers” and would all wear black bands to show their support. Later his fans became known as Brothas and Sistahs.

When  Ian cut his hair,  he no longer needed the black elastic bands but he started wearing a black leather one they made for him to show his appreciation and  love for his fans.   Much to their delight, he now wears it all the time, on camera, at events, during interviews.  It has very special meaning to his fan club because they know it is for them.

“His fans are really lovely people and very good to us.” says his wife Annie.  “They even sent me cards on my birthday, and made me my own bracelet with an engraved heard that says,  ‘#1 Fangirl’ .  They are fiercely loyal and protective of Ian and he of them.  The bracelet is very special to him and wearing it is his way of showing his appreciation and letting them know  he is thinking of them.”

, , ,

8 Responses to The story behind Ian’s black Bracelet

1. Sheryl4u June 5, 2013 at 8:58 am #

I am dying now. This is adorable. YOU are adorable and SO AmaZing to your fans. That is why we love you so much!!!

2. Rich June 5, 2013 at 8:59 am #

Hey Brotha! But seriously, this is a cool story. You are a truly nice person. Can’t wait to see your new movie.

3. Jen June 5, 2013 at 9:01 am #

LOVE THIS!!!!! I am going to get a black bracelet now and wear it for you. I will never take it off!!!

4. Simona (Cusick on screen) June 5, 2013 at 10:41 am #

Thank you!

Now I need to buy my one :)

5. Suz June 6, 2013 at 11:49 pm #

Very sweet!!

6. Marcie G. Charles June 9, 2013 at 3:36 am #

Have you been approached to play Christian from the Fifty Shades of Gray trilogy?

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. The story behind Ian’s black Bracelet « Cusickgallery.net: Henry Ian Cusick - June 6, 2013

[…] on his website – thanks, Dani… great […]

2. The 100 Panel at 2013 San Diego Comic Con | Henry Ian Cusick - July 23, 2013

[…] again, fans were delighted to see Ian wearing his black band for the sistahs and his fans.  Thank you Ian, you’re the […]